Options

Where do I download older releases?

mkulmkul Community Edition User

Hello.
I currently have a setup of 8.1 Verticas, and I want to upgrade it. Documentation states that all upgrades should be done incrementally, so 8.1 -> 9.0 -> 9.1 -> 9.2 -> 9.3 -> 10.0 then.
Okay, but Vertica's website only provides the most recent version in its 'Downloads' section, which is 10.0 at this moment.
So where should I get those older releases from?

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Bryan_HBryan_H Vertica Employee Administrator

If you have a current support account, you can retrieve old versions back to 7.0 from the support FTP site. Please contact your account representative for this info.

• Options

I do not have a support account or representative, I guess it is a feature of paid subscription?
    Being a user of Community Edition of Vertica, how do I proceed with this upgrade?

• Options

What version of community edition are you on? If it's not that old, you could just download the new version and upgrade to it. If it's very old, and several major releases behind, then consider just licensing it? It's really not very expensive, and there are several licensing options available.

• Options
    Cost of license is relative. For me, it is expensive. And I'm perfectly fine within 1Tb limit.
    I'm on 8.1, not sure if it can be upgraded straight to 10.0, can it?
  • Options
    LenoyJLenoyJ - Select Field - Employee
    edited April 2021

Or, another option is to maybe just export and re-import the data on the latest version since you're dealing with data sizes <1 TB

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file