How can i extend the query timeout properties??

HyeontaeJuHyeontaeJu Vertica Customer
edited July 2021 in General Discussion

i use the kafkaexport query in the java programming. As the sended data is Big, KafkaExport funtion's execute time is too long..

beacuase of long time of function execute the vertica jdbc show this error message

Cause: java.sql.SQLNonTransientException: [Vertica]VJDBC ERROR: Error calling processPartition() in User Function KafkaExport at [src/KafkaExport.cpp:351], error code: 0, message: Exception while processing partition row: [413324] : [Fatal kafka error: kafka:9092/1001: 5 request(s) timed out: disconnect]
at org.apache.ibatis.exceptions.ExceptionFactory.wrapException(ExceptionFactory.java:30)
at org.apache.ibatis.session.defaults.DefaultSqlSession.selectList(DefaultSqlSession.java:149)
at org.apache.ibatis.session.defaults.DefaultSqlSession.selectList(DefaultSqlSession.java:140)
at org.apache.ibatis.session.defaults.DefaultSqlSession.selectOne(DefaultSqlSession.java:76)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.mybatis.spring.SqlSessionTemplate$SqlSessionInterceptor.invoke(SqlSessionTemplate.java:426)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy59.selectOne(Unknown Source)
at org.mybatis.spring.SqlSessionTemplate.selectOne(SqlSessionTemplate.java:159)
at org.apache.ibatis.binding.MapperMethod.execute(MapperMethod.java:87)
at org.apache.ibatis.binding.MapperProxy.invoke(MapperProxy.java:93)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy76.kafkaExportTotalProducts(Unknown Source)
at

(......)
com.wmp.ep.index.manager.config.db.MybatisPrintSqlInterceptor.intercept(MybatisPrintSqlInterceptor.java:47)
at org.apache.ibatis.plugin.Plugin.invoke(Plugin.java:61)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy98.query(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.ibatis.session.defaults.DefaultSqlSession.selectList(DefaultSqlSession.java:147)
... 60 common frames omitted
Caused by: com.vertica.support.exceptions.NonTransientException: [Vertica]VJDBC ERROR: Error calling processPartition() in User Function KafkaExport at [src/KafkaExport.cpp:351], error code: 0, message: Exception while processing partition row: [413324] : [Fatal kafka error: kafka:9092/1001: 5 request(s) timed out: disconnect]
... 86 common frames omitted

How can i extend the query timeout ??

Answers

• SergeBSergeB - Select Field - Employee

Hello, does vertica.log contain more details about the error?

• HyeontaeJuHyeontaeJu Vertica Customer

@SergeB Yes, contain more error. but as the log is so long, I can't write the whole log.
    Can you share your email?? i wanna send to you the log message

• SergeBSergeB - Select Field - Employee

Best would be to open a support case. The timeout message seems to come from the Kafka Connection. This could be due to your network or kafka broker settings but there are a number of knobs you could play with from the producer side (KafkaExport). see KafkaExport parameter [,kafka_conf='kafka_configuration_setting']) and the Vertica Producer settings in this documentation section: https://www.vertica.com/docs/10.1.x/HTML/Content/Authoring/KafkaIntegrationGuide/ConfiguringKafkaForVertica.htm

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file