Vertica on AWS Costing

HI Team,
I know vertica is license by storage in TBs. Now on AWS when I select Vertica by Hour I do not see the any option to select the storage. So if i want to have cluster for 10TB storage how the pricing will be determined? This is urgent as I need to start a production deployment,

Answers

• Bryan_HBryan_H Vertica Employee Administrator

Hi, pricing is determined by number of nodes only, billed per hour according to AWS pricing plus software cost. There is no TB limit. Please contact your account team for more details and additional pricing options such as private offer and managed service offer.

• Hi Bryan,
    Thanks for your reply.

Please contact your account team for more details and additional pricing options such as private offer and managed service offer.

I believe this statement holds true when we go for Bring your Own License Mode. But as we are not going for BYOL and want to use "Vertica by hour", the software cost need to be included in the hourly cost.
    In this option at AWS (like below) we see 2 cost schedules. 1. Software and 2. Infrastructure.
    We are clear on the Infrastructure cost but not on the software cost.
    Can you tell what is included in the software cost?
    for example US East (N. Virginia), "deploy MC on new VPC" running on EC instance of "m4.2xlarge" the software cost is shown as $1 per hour.
    Can you tell us how many Vertica Cluster nodes we can accommodate in this option? how much storage we can accommodate in this option?

If you feel I need to contact someone else please help me with the contact details of the person. you can send a direct email to me at shelendra.agarwal@hpe.com.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file