Disk space of vertica community edition vs Disk space of the disk itself.

kfruchtmankfruchtman Vertica Customer

Hi Vertica experts!
I think I am out of disk space.My vertica in the mc shows that I am using 72%.
For some reason I cannot understand.Is that the total disk utility on my Linux box or is that the utilization of the 1Tera byte space given to me by Vertica for the community edition?
Can you help me to make some sense there?and if it the Disk utility of the linux box how can I know pls how much space I am using from the 1 Tera of the community edtion?
My table is using now 2.5 billion rows! its a lot...
attached a screenshot from the mc .
Many thanks
Keren

1.PNG 35.7K

Answers

• Jim_KnicelyJim_Knicely - Select Field - Administrator

Vertica Community Edition (CE) is free and allows customers to cerate databases with the following limits:

• up to 3 of nodes
    • up to 1 terabyte of data

The 1 TB limit is raw data size in the database, where raw size defined in the Vertica doc page Auditing Database Size.

You quickly check your license status with the GET_COMPLIANCE_STATUS function.

select GET_COMPLIANCE_STATUS();

• kfruchtmankfruchtman Vertica Customer

Hi Jim!
    Thanks for the answer.I actually just did the GET_COMPLIANCE_STATUS and I see that there is 18% usage of the community edition.
    So the problem is the actual disk space.After I will add more physical disk space do I need to tell the vertica db and define it or will it be automatically used by the db?
    Thanks
    Keren

• Jim_KnicelyJim_Knicely - Select Field - Administrator
    edited January 2022

No need to "tell" Vertica that you've added disk capacity :) You can check the HOST_RESOURCES system table to verify changes in disk free, used and total size!

SELECT node_name, host_name, disk_space_free_mb, disk_space_used_mb, disk_space_total_mb FROM host_resources JOIN nodes ON node_address = host_name ORDER BY 1;

• kfruchtmankfruchtman Vertica Customer

Thanks!!!! so much!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file