Options

Vertica JDBC client issue

I am trying to use vertica jdbc with elasticsearch river jdbc engine I am getting the following error from the vertica jdbc driver

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Vertica][VJDBC](5273) FATAL: Unsupported frontend protocol 3.5: server supports 3.0 to 3.4        at com.vertica.util.ServerErrorData.buildException(Unknown Source)
        at com.vertica.io.ProtocolStream.authenticate(Unknown Source)
        at com.vertica.io.ProtocolStream.initSession(Unknown Source)
        at com.vertica.core.VConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
        at com.vertica.jdbc.common.BaseConnectionFactory.doConnect(Unknown Source)
        at com.vertica.jdbc.common.AbstractDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:571)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:215)
        at org.xbib.elasticsearch.river.jdbc.strategy.simple.SimpleRiverSource.getConnectionForReading(SimpleRiverSource.java:196)
        at org.xbib.elasticsearch.river.jdbc.strategy.simple.SimpleRiverSource.execute(SimpleRiverSource.java:315)
        at org.xbib.elasticsearch.river.jdbc.strategy.simple.SimpleRiverSource.fetch(SimpleRiverSource.java:287)
        at org.xbib.elasticsearch.plugin.feeder.jdbc.JDBCFeeder.fetch(JDBCFeeder.java:335)
        at org.xbib.elasticsearch.plugin.feeder.jdbc.JDBCFeeder.executeTask(JDBCFeeder.java:179)
        at org.xbib.elasticsearch.plugin.feeder.AbstractFeeder.newRequest(AbstractFeeder.java:362)
        at org.xbib.elasticsearch.plugin.feeder.AbstractFeeder.newRequest(AbstractFeeder.java:53)
        at org.xbib.pipeline.AbstractPipeline.call(AbstractPipeline.java:87)
        at org.xbib.pipeline.AbstractPipeline.call(AbstractPipeline.java:14)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: com.vertica.support.exceptions.NonTransientConnectionException: [Vertica][VJDBC](5273) FATAL: Unsupported frontend protocol 3.5: server supports 3.0 to 3.4
        ... 21 more

Any help will be appreciated...

Comments

• Options
    Your jdbc client jar version seems to be a more recent version than your database server. What Vertica version are you using, and what is the version of the jdbc driver ?
  • Options
    Version 7.0
  • Options
    Hi Sajan,
       Your question solved my issue by mistake I had installed the Jar from the 7.1 version client.
    Thanks
    Deepak 
  • Options
    but where are the version 7.0.1 drivers
  • Options
    Specific/arbitrary old drivers (and old server versions) are only available to Enterprise users.  To download them, log in with your Enterprise account at https://my.vertica.com/ ; then click the "Downloads" link.  You'll see a sidebar listing past versions; click there to get to the download.

The latest 6.x drivers are available on this page for Community users, and should work for you in this scenario if you don't need features that are specific to the 7.x drivers.
  • Options

How I can get Enterprise account ? 

• Options

Hi ,

As far i recall , if you are vertica customer  you already have it .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file