How to set socket timeout in Dbeaver?

HyeontaeJuHyeontaeJu Vertica Customer

i use dbeaver and testing query,,
but, the query time is over than 30000ms so the sql is rollbacked..
how to fix the timeout more than 30000ms in dbeaver??

Answers

• Jim_KnicelyJim_Knicely - Select Field - Administrator
    edited January 2021

Maybe the "Keep-Alive" option is what you are lookiong for?

• s_crossmans_crossman Vertica Employee Employee

If you are using the latest DBeaver EE there are multiple keep-alive settings:
    Right click on the connection in the nav pane and select Edit Connection
    In that dialog there are various keep-alive and timeout settings as follows:

• Errors and Timeouts has the timeouts for connection open, connection close, and connection validation. It's in milliseconds.
    • Connection Settings, SSH tab for SSH tunnel keep-alive interval and tunnel timeout. It is in milliseconds.
    • Driver Manager Connection Properties allows adding a Vertica driver user property (connection property as listed in the Vertica docs). The only timeout one we have there is LoginTimeout. No keep alive property.
  • SparkSpark Community Edition User

hi, could you please help on how to set connection timeout and query timeout in dbeaver for mysql?

• s_crossmans_crossman Vertica Employee Employee

@Spark Hi. We only support the DBeaver/Vertica integration. I took a quick look and in DBeaver under Database menu, Driver Manager, MY SQL, Edit, Driver Properties tab it shows "connectionTimeout=20000" so that seems to be exposed in the driver. I do not see a similar one for the query timeout. You may have to Google search or reach out to Microsoft for info. They do have a similar jdbc url to ours, so possibly they also accept parameters passed that way. I hope it helps

• SparkSpark Community Edition User

hi @s_crossman thank you, will check it out!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file