[Vertica][VJDBC](100024) IOException while communicating with server: java.net.SocketException: Conn

trioazharitrioazhari Community Edition User

Hi all,

i have a problem when connecting vertica db remotely using dbvisualizer application. I think all inputs such as host, port, username, password have been entered correctly. but when the test connection an error message appears

[Vertica]VJDBC IOException while communicating with server: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset.

I expect help from all. thank you very much

regards,
trio

Comments

• s_crossmans_crossman Vertica Employee Employee

Trio,

Which version of DbVisualizer and Vertica are you using? We do a quick check against each DbVis release and so far no issues. So this is probably something related to the entries on the connection page for your Vertica database.

Make sure that your connection screen shows
    Database Type: Vertica
    Driver (JDBC): Vertica with a green check mark indicating the Vertica driver is enabled
    Check the Server, Port, Database name, user name, and password to ensure no invisible characters, dots vs commas for the host name/ip, and proper case for the dbname.

If you have the vsql client you can validate the values you are trying to use
    vsql -h hostnameorip -d databasename -p 5433 -U username -w userpwd

I hope it helps

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file