Options

Cluster install on Fedora 18 fails

Hi, I'm attempting to install vertica CE in a two-node configuration. using the following command: sudo /opt/vertica/sbin/install_vertica -s 16.55.121.82,16.55.121.114 -r /home/dbadmin/vertica-ce-6.0.1-0.x86_64.FC.rpm The install fails with the error: Vertica Analytic Database 6.0.1-0 Installation Tool NOTICE: Adding previously-defined cluster host(s) to update check: 127.0.0.1 ERROR: localhost not permitted in clusters, use full hostname or IP address Installation completed with errors. Installation failed. I'm not sure where to fix this, so any help (other than Fedora is not supported) will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Hi, Based on the message you are seeing it appears that you previously installed Vertica on one cluster using the localhost. If you use localhost for a single host machine, it is documented that you cannot expand your cluster later. As root or sudu, you will need to remove the installation, using # rpm -e vertica*rpm You can choose to delete the /opt/vertica/ directory and all subdirectories using this command: # rm -rf /opt/vertica/ Then do a clean installation on the nodes.
  • Options
    Hi, Based on the message you are seeing it appears that you previously installed Vertica on one cluster using the localhost. If you use localhost for a single host machine, it is documented that you cannot expand your cluster later. As root or sudu, you will need to remove the installation, using # rpm -e vertica*rpm You can choose to delete the /opt/vertica/ directory and all subdirectories using this command: # rm -rf /opt/vertica/ Then do a clean installation on the nodes. Sorry for removing, I thought it was posted twice
  • Options
    Thanks, Amy. I tried this before posting this problem and and it did not work, as Vertica initial settings survive rpm - e. I didn't, however, delete the directory structure in opt. What helped was the install with -C option. I encountered another problem though, which I will most likely post tomorrow.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file