Where to find Hotfix 6.0.1-4?

Hello I am evaluating Vertica using the CE version (6.0.x). During test runs, I keep getting the error: java.sql.SQLException: [Vertica][VJDBC](4054) ERROR: NetworkSend: failed to open connection to node v_testdrive_node0002 (Error connecting pt-pt socket for send: Cannot assign requested address) at com.vertica.util.ServerErrorData.buildException(Unknown Source) at com.vertica.dataengine.VResultSet.fetchChunk(Unknown Source) at com.vertica.dataengine.VResultSet.initialize(Unknown Source) I found a recent topic in this forum about the same error: https://community.vertica.com/vertica/topics/error_connecting_pt_pt_socket_for_send Where it mentioned that Hotfix 6.0.1-4 should fix the problem. Can someone point me to the patch and show me how to apply it (if it is not already documented in the package) Thanks! Bing

Comments

• Hi Bing I would recommend that you use the 6.0SP2 (6.0.2) version that is available on the web site. This version has a workaround for the RedHat issue that you are encountering. In the 6.0.1-4 hot fix the code was change to simply retry the query again when this error occurred. It was not a fix. In 6.0.2 we actually changed our code to work around a Red Hat issue that we encountered. This is also resolved in the 6.1.1 version and later. Amy
  • Amy, The latest REHL binary downloaded from MyVertica portal is still 6.0.1: At least the file name says: vertica-ce-6.0.1-0.x86_64.RHEL5.rpm The link is: https://my.vertica.com/download-community-edition/ Is there another place I should look for? Thanks, Bing
  • Our next release of the CE will include this fix. This release is currently targeted for early summer.
  • Amy - I don't think I can wait that long ... how about the hotfix then? Where can I find a copy of that? The fact is, we are doing a PoC and looking to make a decision in a month. The Hotfix may not be ideal but it will keep the testing going. Otherwise, we have to write a lot code to retry ourselves. Thanks, BIng
  • The hotfix can't be placed on the CE version. The other option would be to use one of the tested kernels that was listed.
  • OK. I will work with your sales engineer to get a 6.1. Thanks, Bing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file