WARNING 3863: License issue: Vertica license is not yet valid

During the 3 nodes cluster creation I got this error:

*** Starting database: ndaf ***

Node Status: v_ndaf_node0001: (DOWN) v_ndaf_node0002: (DOWN) v_ndaf_node0003: (DOWN)

Node Status: v_ndaf_node0001: (INITIALIZING) v_ndaf_node0002: (DOWN) v_ndaf_node0003: (INITIALIZING)

Node Status: v_ndaf_node0001: (INITIALIZING) v_ndaf_node0002: (INITIALIZING) v_ndaf_node0003: (INITIALIZING)

Node Status: v_ndaf_node0001: (UP) v_ndaf_node0002: (UP) v_ndaf_node0003: (VALIDATING LICENSE)

Node Status: v_ndaf_node0001: (UP) v_ndaf_node0002: (UP) v_ndaf_node0003: (VALIDATING LICENSE)

ERROR:  Database ndaf reports (INVALID LICENSE)

ERROR:  Database requires valid license file!

INFO 4056:  New Vertica license is valid

WARNING 3863:  License issue: Vertica license is not yet valid

HINT:  Visit http://www.vertica.com/about/contact-us

install_license                           

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

replacing license:

11/4/2013

Perpetual

1 TB

with license:

----------------

11/4/2013

Perpetual

1 TB

(1 row)

Database startup successful, but it may be incomplete. Some nodes

remain in a transitional state.

See Database Cluster State in Main Menu for details.

Press RETURN to continue

it's a license issue? 2 nodes are working fine, the third node not.

Comments

• Abhishek_RanaAbhishek_Rana Vertica Employee Employee
    Hi,

Can you please check if LANG environment variable is set to UTF-8 type on all the nodes. We have seen this causing , non reading of licence file in past.

Regards'

Abhishek
  • HI,
    it's en_US.UTF-8 on all nodes from dbadmin user.
    Mario

Hi,

When you started admintools, were you prompted for a license at that point? Or do you typically pass the license file as a switch when you install?This will help me to understand if the license is truly invalid or if one is missing entirely.

Regards'

Abhishek
  • I used the unattend installation with config file and I passed the path of the license
    Hi,

can you send me - "admintools-dbadmin.log" from the node where you tried to create the database.

Also,

Please check if you are able to ssh to self from a node & also to other nodes.

Regards'

Abhishek
  • Hi,

May you can check couple of things:

1. Port 5433 is open on node0003. And it's not being used by any other process than Vertica.

netstat -an|grep 5433

2. Check the value of environment variable LANG on node003. Ideally it should be set as "en_US.UTF-8". You can check this variable and compare if it's same as on other 2 nodes.

Thanks,
    Pravesh

• the language is the same.
    the port on all nodes are correct:
    netstat -an|grep 5433
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5433                0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN
    tcp        0      0 :::5433                     :::*                        LISTEN
    udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5433                0.0.0.0:*
  • How can I send you the file?
  • How can I send you the file?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file