Where are the Vertica 7.0.x ADO.NET drivers?

Hello,

Today I tried to download the Vertica ADO.NET 7.0.1 drivers and could not find them. Where can I download these and why they have been removed from the downloads area.

Val

Comments

• The current version for 7.0 is 7.0.2 , one hot-fix version above 7.0.1 . It should work seamlessly instead of 7.0.1 . Individual drivers are no longer available as per website , so you need to download the microsoft connectivity pack either 64-bit or 32-bit depending on your client machine architecture 
    https://my.vertica.com/downloads/hp-vertica-7-0-x-enterprise-edition-product-downloads/
    The older version was probably removed so that users would download and use only the latest hotfix.

• Colin,

Thanks for the reply. This is exactly where I was looking into but the only thing that I could download from that page was a file called vertica-client-7.0.2-1.64.exe which is only the ODBC/JDBC and VSQL. I noticed that the page that you refer to always redirects me to https://my.vertica.com/download-community-edition/ and I suppose that this is the problem. Now, if the ADO.NET drivers are available for the enterprise edition only, then I cannot use ADO.NET with Vertica community edition any more. Is this intentional? That would be a big set-back for people like me who are experimenting with Vertica.

• I also tried searching for "vertica ado 7.0 64". The results look promising but when I follow the relevant link and agree to the license agreement it takes me to a page with "HP Vertica Download Confirmation" and "Extra Profile Information" sections and clicking on the "Update profile/Proceed to Download" button does nothing...
  • Hi Val,

If you scroll down on the CE downloads page, you should find a link to "HP Vertica Connectivity Pack for Windows" (both 32- and 64-bit versions).  Is this what you're looking for?

Adam
  • Ah, got it - thanks!
  • i dont see it under CE downloads

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file