Cannot Create Library with R language - Error ROLLBACK 2175

Hello all,

I have been using R with Vertica for sometime now. I have not had any issues integrating my R Functions with Vertica until recently. I always follow the same commands when creating a library - 

drop library libName cascade;
create library libName AS '/opt/vertica/sdk/examples/RFunctions/function1.R' LANGUAGE 'R';
create transform function libBame AS LANGUAGE 'R' NAME 'libNameFactory' LIBRARY libName;

And Vertica would create the function.

However, now when I try to create a library in Vertica - I recieve this error - 

create library libName AS '/opt/vertica/sdk/examples/RFunctions/function1.R' LANGUAGE 'R';

ROLLBACK 2175:  An error occurred when loading library file on node v_dbname_node0001, message:

Couldn't create new UDx side process, failed to get UDx side process info from zygote: UDx side process has exited abnormally.

I have never seen this error before and am not even sure where to start looking for the problem. I would really appreciate it if I could get some guidance on this error.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SruthiASruthiA Vertica Employee Administrator

Hi Ryan,

Could you please check if function1.R is present in exact path as mentioned below on the participating nodes. Please check PATH & LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variables make sure that  see that those don't have more than 1 occurrences of R function.

-Regards,

Sruthi

• Thank you for the response - I am not sure how to check my PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

UPDATE - 

I am unable to do any type of queries with the library names - I just performed the query

SELECT * FROM USER_LIBRARY_MANIFEST;

and receieved this error - 

ERROR 2929:  Couldn't create new UDx side process, failed to get UDx side process info from zygote: UDx side process has exited abnormally

I looked at the log files from vertica.log and I have this error - 

Couldn't create new UDx side process, failed to get UDx side process info from zygote: UDx side process has exited abnormally
    LOCATION: createNewUDxSideProcess, /scratch_a/release/vbuild/vertica/EE/EEUtil/UDxFenceSupport.cpp:511

Hi,

Could you please share me with the dbLog as well?

-Regards,

Sruthi

Hi,

Could you also please check if /opt/vertica/R/library/Rcpp/lib/ on node001 has all files when compared to the other nodes??

-Regards,

Sruthi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file