Exception while creating a cluster in attempt to provision a vkconfig scheduler

Hi,
I have been trying to follow setups to provision a scheduler while following setups mentioned under "Integrating Vertica with Apache Kafka/Automatically Copying Data From Kafka/Setting up a Scheduler" where I got stuck at creation of a cluster.

I get the following exception the resolution to which I couldn't find anywhere on google/stackoverflow or even the vertica forum.

[Vertica][VJDBC](6774) ERROR: Failed to create default key projections for table "vktest_sched1"."stream_clusters": Cannot create projections due to naming conflicts with existing projections java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [Vertica][VJDBC](6774) ERROR: Failed to create default key projections for table "vktest_sched1"."stream_clusters": Cannot create projections due to naming conflicts with existing projections at com.vertica.util.ServerErrorData.buildException(Unknown Source) at com.vertica.dataengine.VResultSet.fetchChunk(Unknown Source) at com.vertica.dataengine.VResultSet.initialize(Unknown Source) at com.vertica.dataengine.VQueryExecutor.readExecuteResponse(Unknown Source) at com.vertica.dataengine.VQueryExecutor.handleExecuteResponse(Unknown Source) at com.vertica.dataengine.VQueryExecutor.execute(Unknown Source) at com.vertica.jdbc.common.SPreparedStatement.executeWithParams(Unknown Source) at com.vertica.jdbc.common.SPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source) at com.vertica.solutions.kafka.api.config.Cluster.create(Cluster.java:97) at com.vertica.solutions.kafka.cli.v2.ClusterCLI.createConfiguration(ClusterCLI.java:88) at com.vertica.solutions.kafka.cli.v2.ClusterCLI.run(ClusterCLI.java:74) at com.vertica.solutions.kafka.cli.v2.ClusterCLI.main(ClusterCLI.java:22) Caused by: com.vertica.support.exceptions.SyntaxErrorException: [Vertica][VJDBC](6774) ERROR: Failed to create default key projections for table "vktest_sched1"."stream_clusters": Cannot create projections due to naming conflicts with existing projections ... 12 more

I was hoping if someone could help me out here.

Regards,
Shivam

Answers

• SruthiASruthiA Vertica Employee Administrator

Based on the error message share it looks like you already projections with same name scheduler is trying to create. What is your vertica version? Is vktest_sched1 the new config schema name which is being passed or does it already exist in your cluster? Please share me the output of

select * from "vktest_sched1"."stream_clusters":

if you have any conf file, pass it here.. else you can leave out --conf parameter
    vkconfig scheduler --read --conf

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file